Freshman and Sophomore Years
Freshman Year College Preparation
- Develop good study skills. Take notes, use a planner, and stay organized.
- Become involved in activities. Extracurricular activities are a great way to meet people, explore interests, and develop a resume.
- Think about different careers that interest you. You will want to take classes to explore those interests.
- Most importantly, do well in school! When you register for sophomore year, take challenging classes and develop a plan for the next three years. Talk to your teachers and counselor for assistance.
Sophomore Year College Preparation
- Continue to do well in school.
- Stay involved and try to take on responsibilities in your activities.
- Consider taking the PSAT in October.
- Use your resources. Teachers and counselors are here to help you.